Mysterious yet Divine Fashionistas,
Dark lipstick can make it seem like you’re trying too hard to project a goth image. Don’t be that girl! Here’s a dark lip guide to for tips and tricks on nailing that dark-colored lippie:
• Wear your burgundy-colored lipstick for the fall months or during the evening. Summer colors tend to clash with these colors though, so avoid wearing it in the summer.
• Always take the color for a test drive. If you feel icky from testing a lipstick in make up counters, bring a cotton swab and run it along the side of the lipstick where people usually don’t touch it. Then, apply the Q-tip to your lips to see if it brightens your face. If it lights up your complexion, then you know that that’s the shade for you.
• Apply your lipstick with a lip brush. The best way to apply a burgundy lipstick is with a lip brush because a darker shade can be very messy quickly, if applied from the lipstick bullet; even more messier than your standard red lip color so you have to be precise when putting it on. Swipe it on from the outer corner of the mouth to center on both upper and lower lips, then fill in the rest of the lips.
• Apply a lip liner after. Run your liner, which should be a matching shade, along the perimeter of the lips.
• Skip the lip gloss. A dark-shaded lipstick doesn’t need any further help in the attention-getting department. Shiny gloss will only make the color bleed onto your skin, and affect the pigmentation of the lipstick.
• Wear it with confidence. A burgundy lip is a statement and a strong one at that, so you need to wear it with an attitude, like you own the room because everyone will be looking at you!